I traveled thousands of miles. Changed planes at Munich. I bought new clothes. There were buses and multiple hotel rooms involved, and did I mention the train ride from Florence to Venice?I jumped from island to island of Greece and even hid out a little in Turkey and Croatia.
But still, alas, despite my best efforts, she found me. On the last week of our three-week adventure through the Mediterranean, Miss Destiny reared up and said, "I will not be left behind in the United States!" After complaining wildly about being left behind--something about another restraining order from Dolly Parton, fear of waterboarding, and the many pashminas there being in her color pallet, I agreed to let her tag along.
All this is to say that, thanks to a little encouragement from the new friends we'd made on the bus tour before we embarked on the cruise, also attributable to the giddy energy that came from a hilarious woman named, Diane, who was celebrating her birthday, oh and, by the it was Cowboy night, I entered, and ultimately won the ship's version of "American Idol," which was known on board as Princess Pop Star.
I know that you're going to ask two questions because I've already told this story a few times.
What did I sing? I Hate Myself for Loving You by Joan Jett.
What did I win? No, I did not win another cruise. I won a glass clock. I was rather disappointed until I realized that I had neglected to buy anything for one of my grandmothers on the trip. Problem solved. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment